Should I call the law?

We live out in the sticks and we have some neighbors across the road. You can't see there house, so you really can't see what's going on. But there is heavy traffic going in and out of there driveway. Cars will go in and be there for 5 minutes and then leave, and then come back an hour or two later. This happens everyday all evening. Now a couple of months ago we heard they got raided. And this activity is still going on. I think they are producing meth and selling it. Should we call the law or should we just mind our own business?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon :19 fails to realize that there are many times that there is illegal activity going on somewhere but the occupants get tipped off and the raid fails. So it could be they are at the same location because there was enough for arrest, but not for some serious jail time such as possession charge versus a distribution charge. The fumes from production of Meth can be harmful even if they are a good distance away. The increased traffic can be a major inconvenience and danger to people and animals depending on if the traffic is driving correctly or under the influence. There is nothing wrong with making an anon call and reporting suspicious activity if the op is concerned for her family's safety. If METH is involved the users tend to go crazy and would you want some stranger getting confused in the dark and coming to your house instead of said neighbor and getting violent and going crazy because they are at the wrong house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• are they hurting you or your kids? if not mind your business my neighbors are in and out all the time but that dosen't mean they're drug dealers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I would call. Give me the info i'll call for you. You have a right to feel safe. WTF what is some nuts drive to their house get high then come rob you! Or worse! I would call. If you are wrong good but if your right then you just protected your family. We are not in highschool so snitching is not applicable.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'd call, the people who live down the dirt road behind us, are the same way, there's always traffic in and out, a few neighbor's have called the cops before.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Make and anon tip. You are use to that. You asked the question anon. Tell them your suspicions and then let it go unless they actually do something to you. Then, don't be anon. Say it loud; say it proud, and let it be know you have been watching!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I would call. They were raided so obviously there is something illegal going on.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Just a thought, set up a video camera to record the license plates of the cars. The cops would love that. Then they could get everybody.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Thanks for the advice everyone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I would call with an account of descriptions and license plate numbers if you can get them. We had meth dealers in AL across the street from us and it was a huge relief to get them gone. Get your bad neighbors gone.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• To first anon if it is trully a meth lab it could very well hurt them and any other neighbors within a 3 mile radius if the derned thing were to explode. Meth is made with highly flammable noxious chemicals. Make the call OP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2009