My 5 wk old son is very pale looking he is not runnin a fever he is acting normal an eating normal! anyone know if this is something i need to call doc about

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If no fever, and is still eating normal then nothing to worry about!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• General rule of thumb: if you think you need to call the doc, then call.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Put him in the sunlight in the house-I did that when my baby was born in December-of course not too long and you dont want direct sunlight in their eyes but some vitamin D might help.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• maybe not getting enough sleep? try to get him some extra naps, make sure he's getting enough formula or breastmilk. i dont think being pale is a medical urgency but just watch for fever or other signs of being sick. also getting out of the house would probably help
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It is winter! If he is bluish, particularly around his lips/mouth and nail beds I'd go to the doctor ASAP. Otherwise, you could just give the Dr. a call and ask.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Take him in and ask for a blood count. Better to be safe.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2009