Car Rosaries?

did this become the latest style? or was there a surplus of Catholic converts?

I just got back from the store and it seems as if 3 out of 4 cars had rosaries dangling from their mirrors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• it's been around for a while
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• why do you care what total strangers have in their car?
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• : Anonymous They are mostly mexicans...that's why you are noticing them more.

surprised

Mexicans are more noticeable?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Are you saying only Mexicans do this? Our Church parking lot is full cars with rosaries on their rear view mirror. very white community.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• and I wanted to add not every Mexican is Catholic and not every Catholic is Mexican.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I also reported the anon poster who is maligning mexicans. And I wonder why the OP also posted anon? Why are you afraid of revealing yourself?

It's not a new "style." Some people like to keep their rosary with them at all times. If you are stuck in traffic, you could say a decade of two of your rosary, for example.

LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 10:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• OP I wasn't after you I just couldn't believe I read the Mexican comments. With all that is going on the world, many Catholics are using things like that to remind us to pray when able. Such as driving or waiting at a stop light. I would have one in my van but since I use it for work I can't.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Wow thanks for nosying at the crap I have hanging from the rearview...did you see my badass air freshner with Pete Townshend jumping?

People have been doing this for a long time.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2009