Lice? Ugghhh

My daughters teacher sent home a note saying that another kid in class was sent home with lice and that the school nurse checked all the other kids at that they were all clear I checked my daughters hair today and I clearly see she has Lice!!!! and she has dark hair I'm surprised they didn't see it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You need to go to the drugstore pronto and by the lice killing shampoo, if she has long hair you are going to need to comb and comb to get out the nits--eggs. I am a hairstylist and see this at this time of year, actually thank god they didn't see it you don't want her to be known as the lice girl-LOL. Take all sheets, pillows bedspread and wash them in HOT water, take all stuffed animals and bag them in 2 garbage bags and close very tight and do not open fot 2 weeks, this will smother them. If you have other kiddos you might want to wash all of their bedding and do a shampoo with the lice shampoo as well. Vacum your couch and use Lysol or something that won't discolor it., put ALL combs, brushes and etc, in a bath of warm water with the lice killing shampoo and then run through the dishwasher, be sure to get all of the hair out of the brush before. They are difficult to get rid of, if you don't have a large cont-sorry
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• lol I didnt ask the question whats a good lice med/??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• rid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• cetaphil..the face wash..my ex's daughter had it and the pediatrician told us to use it let it sit in her hair for 20 mins and rinse then repeat
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Large washing machine, go to the laundry mat and use one of the big ones, they set the water temp high enough to kill them, they can live on pillows for up to 3 months, so use bleach when you wash them, sorry but good luck, winter cleaning time anyway?? LOL Be sure to wash her coat and hats as well, even if she has not worn them for awhile, good luck mommy, sorry so long!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2009