how did you and your hubby/so meet?

how did you meet? how long were you together when he proposed?how did he propose? im a little caught up in the feeling of love this morning lol.

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 10:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• We met at a restaurant we both worked at at the time. We haven't been able to escape the other completely ever since, lol! That was almost 9 years ago. We've been together for 8, married for 3 1/2 yrs and were engaged almost 4 years. He surprised me and proposed 3 days after christmas when I was super stressed w/ fam stuff. I had taken him bk home after my fam get2gether and he asked if i'd consider spending my life w/ him and popped out the ring. It was so simple but caught me sooo off guard, which is hard to do w/ me!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 10:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We met at work, he was a cook, I was a server/greeter. We met in July, starting hanging out (and sleeping together) in January. Moved in to gether in May... We were together for 2 years before we got married He never proposed. I just told him, if we got married before the baby was born my mom would pay for it... So he agreed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I was on a date with his friend, who turned out to be a jackass! He called me and we were just friends for over a year, then one day -- and here we are 14 years later-LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• my aunt droppped me off at my "boyfriend's" house and we decided to not be together anymore so i called my aunt to come get me well she and her boyfriend picked me up and we went to her boyfriend's brother's house and my dh was there i asked my aunts boyfriend about him and told him to give him my # we started dating october 2001 engaged may 2005 married october 2005 so we've been together 8 years now ...not a special proposal he just got the ring nd said "here" i said "get on your knee and ask me right" lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We met at work; while I was in college I was working at an insurance company in their clerical dept and he had already graduated and was working in another dept. We started dating within 3 months of me starting there and 2 years later we moved in together, 3 years later he proposed while we were on vacation in Las Vegas at the top floor of the Stratosphere while we were overlooking the city.
    A year and a half after that we got married and a a year and half after that I got pregnant with twins!
    And so that's my life in a nutshell. LOL
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 10:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• he was bffs with some other friends and my step bro.. i came home one day from moving out of my dads to go to moms and he was sitting on my chair talking to my mom.. from their i was hooked.. i moved in after 6 months of dating and a year later we wree planning our wedding for our 3rd anniversary and we found out we were prego.. so we decided to just get hitched on our 2nd anniversary. it was great. since it was a wednsday we courthoused it and had a huge reception with family that saturday..and i have always dreamed of a disney wedding so we are going to renew our vows on our 5th or 10th ann..cant decide.. but we both have tats of our kids and one of his is a mom and mine is a cross and every anniv. he adds a star to the sky and i add a star over mine plus i have a halo hanging for each child.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We met online around 2000, in a sort of coed version of CafeMom (much, much smaller) and were just email pals for a while, then he got divorced and things got friendlier, lol. We met face to face in 2001, moved in together the next year and got married in 2003 after I got pregnant. I didnt really want to get married again but he convinced me and we got married in the courthouse and didnt tell anybody for about 3 months :-)
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I met mine thru a friend. He was so hot and still is! We are totally different and from different worlds ya know? After a year of ME flirting with him and being friends we hung out one night and have been together ever since. Got married 1 1/2 year later and married 8 1/2 years, three kids.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• we met in cooking school - he was friends with the girl who's locker was beside mine in the changerooms. she introduced us, we became friends (best friends actually).

tried dating about 9months after being friends, "dated" for 3 days and got engaged.

a year later got married, and that was 11.5 years ago.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We met at the mall LOL! I worked in two stores and he worked across from one at the deli as a manager. I would go in for lunch or dinner and he would give me free drinks then free food, we talked alot and I hung out there on my breaks, I asked him out after about 3 months, we dated for 2 years then I told him I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, we got married a year later. We have been together almost 10 years.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2009