Isn't it a bit early to drop?

I think I dropped over night... I never can be sure because I couldn't visually tell in the past!! But I woke up with a START after baby kicked my bladder REALLY HARD and made me have to pee!! When I stood up I could breathe better for sure... idk. I feels different... but it could all be wishful thinking!!

I'm 34 weeks today... isn't that too early to drop?!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 10:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first dropped about the same time - 34weeks. she was born at 41weeks.

#2 dropped around 36weeks - born 39weeks

#3 didn't drop until I was in active labour (she was comfy up in my ribs)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• where i used to live i went to a subway once per week and the woman who worked there was pregnant. one week her belly looked much lower and everyone kept saying she was going to have her baby really soon. 2 months later she was still there working. lol. she was only like 7 mos pregnant when everyone was saying she was going to have her baby. poor girl. i never really noticed "dropping" myself so i don't know much about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You usually drop about a month before you have the baby. At least I did.

Answer by louise2 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i am 31 weeks and my doc said i have dropped once already he said its normal
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 10:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• im 33 weeks and i dropped over night on monday :) How i knew? One..im always looking down at my belly and have been always able to see my belly button. The next morning i woke up it was gone lol. Well, it wasnt gone but it was very low and i could breathe and relax so much better. I know i dropped just because my little man was always up in my ribs and now he is very low. So, it is possible..i did :) Not too much longer
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My DD had MAJORLY dropped by 31 weeks (She was at +1 station at 31 weeks) and I didnt have her til 38 1/2 weeks. I think that 34 weeks sound fine to drop at becuase it really doesnt mean anything. BUT... its kinda weird to be kicked in your bladder if she is engaged in your pelvic bone... her feet shouldnt be able to touch your bladder because her head would be blocking it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2009