foodstamp moms I have a Q.? not a bash, Im a foodstamp mom myself.

Im just wondering how all the other foodstamp moms feel about it and also how much you get and how many in your family? For us foodstamps are a huge blessing my husband is self emlpoyed in the construction biz and when it rains or is too cold= No Work= No money so it is good we can still feed our family. we are a family of 5 and get $465 month and I almost always make it last all month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• My mom got food stamps bc my dad was in an accident and got disability and she stayed home and took care of the kids and didn't work (Imy little sisters were little at the time) and they were a family of 5 and got $600 something a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• we are a family of three I am SAHM and he is commission based only we get $307 and month

Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 10:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Family of 4, we get around $500 a month because I barely make enough to cover our bills. After bills, I only had maybe $75 a month for food before FS. We've been on them for 2 months and hubby is still looking for a job and trying to go back to school, so hopefully we won't be on them for much longer. Not that there's anything wrong with FS, I just hope that someday soon we'll be able to afford more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• we are a family of 6 and get $377 a month. My husband get unemployment...so we get by ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We are a family of 3 and get $395 per month. It has been a blessing otherwise we wouldn't have enough money for gasoline and rent and everything else. We usually have money left over at the end of the month, but its nice like when our son had his birthday we were able to get food to serve at his party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I hate being on foodstamps. I get embarrassed when I have to pay with them but it is a great help. I hope to get off them soon. When I went out on maternity leave with my second child and wanted to go back..my job was no longer there. Ive been out of work for 14 months now and I have to young kids (6 & 1) and Im divorced. Its just us three and we get $427 a month in food stamps.
    Anonymous