Has anyone got their child vaccinated for swine flu? If so, did they have any side effects?

agabriel1974

Asked by agabriel1974 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 11,9,7 and 5 year old got the mist at school and had no side effects. They have to get another dose at the end of November.
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My 3 1/2 yr old had the shot form and she had zero side effects.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 10:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My 3 year old, 18 month old, and myself (8 months pregnant) all got the vaccine on Tuesday...no side effects at all, not even the low grade fever and yuckiness that I usually get with the seasonal flu vaccine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We got it and had no side effects as well.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• we got it and no side effects!
    constanceocean

Answer by constanceocean at 11:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• All 3 of my kids, ages 14, 6 and 4 had the shot last weekend. My daughter had an itchy bump (like a mosquito bite) for a few days. Other than that, no side effects.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My three year old, my husband, me, my coworkers, their children - all had the vaccine. So far so good. There is debate about two vs. one vaccine. This is what a trusted medical doctor and coworker told me: the medical journals and research is not conclusive on this vaccine's effectiveness yet. We won't know and have all the data until flu season is well over with. From what is being written about in the medical journals it may not be as effective as hoped but it certainly isn't harmful. So....for me it was about hoping this will be effective and not a dud. I'm not worried about "negative" vaccine effects. It has been used in Europe for quite some time now and the majority of people have no negative reactions. About the same rate as people who have reactions to your typical seasonal flu shots.  Will it work?  I don't know. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Thank you for all of your comments. My daughter is receiving the vaccine tomorrow, and I'm hoping to get it on Monday since I am 7 months pregnant. You have all put my mind at ease. We also both have asthma which is why I think it's important we get it.
    agabriel1974

Answer by agabriel1974 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2009