how long after sex can it take to induce labor?

just wonering if there is a time limit????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it doesnt have to induce labor at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• sex doesnt induced labor if it did, sex wouldt be allow. it just helps a lil
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Sex doesn't iduce labor unless your body was ready to go into labor. So you may be waiting while. It never worked for me at all. Think about it,if it worked that well every pregnant woman who did it would go into labor and the docs would be on overload and tell them to all stop doing it!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• For me i had sex Friday night, Saturday morning lost my mucus plug. Had sex again Saturday night , water broke 2 hours later and went to the hospital. Had my DS Sunday evening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Sex doesn't induce labor. Some people think that if the cervix is ready, thinning and opening, sex may speed the process. That is not inducing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm PP 11:07 and I wanted to add I was in 39 weeks and 2 days and was gonna be induced that Monday morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I went into labour 3 weeks early and the nurses said it was due to sex, so i think i was ready but having sex just got the process going.lol
    constanceocean

Answer by constanceocean at 11:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i dont guess it actually induces labor, just can sometimes help move things along, and for me, its been working!! for my mom, it worked too! we can't promise that it was the sex that worked, but it sure does seem like it helped and hey, it's fun anyway, so why not if it's safe in your particular sitation :) but there is actual scientific reason to believe it helps, because the semen can chemically help thin the tissue (or something like that) and orgasm can help you start contractions. also, im gonna just assume that all that motion is doing something useful too hehe :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i'm past due and the sex has not brought a baby yet. semen has oxycotin (sp)that is similiar to what your body releases when labor is coming on. although your body needs to be ready to have the baby. otherwise i doubt the amount of semen he expells is enough along to induce labor.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Semen has prostiglandens in it. So does evening primrose. It softens the cervix that's all. There aren't enough prostiglandens in your mans semen to set you off into labor. Actually they use pig semen to make cervadil and that other gel used during inductions,but it is way loaded!Oxytocin is the hormone YOUR body releases during labor,breastfeeding and nipple stimulation. It is not in semen.
    Anonymous