I want to get back into church and teach my 5 year old about Jesus?

I have a 12 year old and a 5 year old. I use to be active in church but not in a few years. My oldest knows about God word, from a young age. My 5 year old doesnt, I dont know how to explain it now that shes going on 6. I feel like I should of taught her earlier. Any Ideas. I want to get back into church and have Jesus in my daily life again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Go to church. They both are old enough for religious classes/ groups. Volunteer with them, that is a great way to teach, actions speak louder. Also with my 4.5 year old I started reading prayers from a simple little girls pray book. I have taught her the Our Father and she says it with us at church. Also since my two are still little, they have religious coloring books and reading books for during church.  Hope that helped.

nun

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Yay!!! That is awesome that you want to get back in church!!! Don't get overwhelmed, just start going back. Buy a children's Bible and start reading it to your little one. Don't get overwhelmed!!!

The most important thing is for you to develop a close relationship with the Lord yourself. Read the Bible, pray, etc. Then your children can have an example of someone who has a genuine relationship with God. They are watching us to see how what we are teaching them works out in our everyday lives.

I am going to pray for you right now : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2009