BABY ACNE, my son has it so bad, help!

My son is 3 weeks and his face has been breaking out over the last week and its so bad! they are all over his face and in little clusters, it looks awful! what do you do, has anyone experienced this with their children? how do you make it disapear and how long with it last! is it bc im bf?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Butt paste, it is a miracle, what kind of laundry soap do you use? Wash in dreft, and wash babies clothes seperate. If it is super bad, and does not clear up--the butt paste works in a couple of days, take him to the doctor.. Good luck mom, and congrats on the new baby!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• no, you do not need to take him to the DR. if you're BF, then yes... that WILL trigger it. its your shifting hormones that are affecting his, and it will go away on its own, in a matter of days or weeks. you do not need to put anything it it. it is not painful, just looks bad. if it is nursing acne, it will be like a bunch of little raised whiteheads. do not pop them! they will go away on their own.
    if it were an allergic reaction to laundry soap, it would be hives. bright red, raised, itchy looking patches ALL OVER THE BODY, not just on the face (sometimes ears). dreft will not help that- it still contains dyes and perfumes. a "Free & Clear" detergent is best to use with a new baby- but you should def wash their clothed separate so that they do not contact any other foreign matter that would be on the big peoples clothes. if nursing, wash your clothes in the same soap- esp shirts/bras.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• baby acne can appear in bottlefed, and breastfed infants. hormones passed to the infant from the mother in the last stages of pregnancy cause it.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i thought my baby had that and it was egzema. I used ucerin aquafore all over his face. It finally went away.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Dont worry much, you can ask ur pediatrician.. my boys got around that time too, quite scared me n their dad... but i was told that the hormones do rubb off to the baby, jus make sure the baby has a bip at all times n if ur are breastfeeding, make sure you keep ur breast clean n free of nething else .. in time it will go away... hope it helps
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• my son came out with the most beautiful skin ever then about 3 days after he got it all over and it's been 6 wks doesnt look as bad but it's still there and i stopped bfing 2 weeks ago for medical reasons so im hoping it goes away too ... i wouldnt put butt paste or anything else on his face he could rub that into his eyes then what? you have a blind baby with acne i would just let it work it's course
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Pediatrician told me it was just milk bumps and that it goes away with time. He said once we start introducing food to him they will begin to fade because he will no longer have a diet based only milk. But it is scary! I thought he was having an allergic reaction!
    TrystansMom314

Answer by TrystansMom314 at 3:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2009