How old was your child when you first took them to the movie theater?

How old? and What movie did you see?

ZachsMom325

Asked by ZachsMom325 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• 3 and Horton hears a Who, it has been on and off if he can sit through it or not, we had to leave UP, so now that he is 4 we are delaying it again, for some reason he likes real people not cartoons IDK--when did you start?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• 4 years old my son
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My son was 4 months old and we went and saw 300 and he slept the whole time. I took his car seat carrier in and put it on the floor and had fed him right before with an extra bottle in case I needed it. But he slept the whole time. the first movie I took him to see for him, he was 2 and it was Igor (im pretty sure) and he only lasted about half way through befor he got bored
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• 6 weeks lol. i don't remember, i think it was spiderman or something. dh and i really wanted to see it and so we took him lol. he slept the whole time. he went to a few more until he became more mobile, ever since then he hasn't went to one yet. he's 2 1/2 now, and the theatre here has kid movies for free on certain weekdays in the summer. i would have took him to them but i have a 1yr old dd that isn't ready for that yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm still haven't took him. That's why I'm asking.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My daughter was 17 months. I took her to see cloudy with a chance of meatballs. She only lasted halfway throught the movie,then got bored. I am going to wait until after 2yrs old.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 11:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• The youngest I've ever taken one of them is 2.5 years- I took my youngest to see Up with her brother and sister last summer. Dh and I both went so that if the little one got restless I could take her out to the lobby while dh stayed with the bigger kids in the theatre. She actually sat through most of it and got up and stood in the aisle for the last ten minutes or so. My other kids didn't go to a movie until about four (for ds, who didn't sit through movies for a long time!) and about three for dd 1.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My babysitter took DS to the movies the summer before he turned 2. One of the local theaters has free movies every week during the summer. He loves going and is very, very good. The babysitter always told me it was always her son that caused them to have to leave early. My parents have taken him to a couple of movies, and we took him to see both Toy Story movies in 3D at the beginning of October as an early birthday present (he's 3). That was the first time I'd gone with him, and I was amazed at how good he was. We took his little booster seat with us, strapped him in, gave him some juice, and he was set!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We took our first baby with us to see a Steve McQueen movie with a loud car chase scene in 1968 and she slept through the whole thing. LOL. She was about 3 months old. We also took her and our second baby to a drive-in and they slept through the whole thing. LOL. They were excellent sleepers! Then ,after we had three kids I took them to see a few Walt Disney movies. They were about 6 , 4 , and 2. If they had been fussy or made lots of noise, I would not have done it again. It is rude to take noisy kids to a theater.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Haidn was like 3 months old and it was Happy Feet I think. Kaelen was like 3 months old too and I believe we saw Star Trek. I might be mistaken about the movies but I know the kids were real young.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2009