So I know pregnancy hormones played a huge role in me being upset, BUT

Would you be upset too if you're grandma, aunt and mom were going out to dinner and you told her that you'd be coming along with the kids and you're mom got mad? She claims she doesn't like when I spring stuff on her last minute, so it's a good thing I told her instead of surprising them like I'd planned. I thought she'd enjoy having us there for dinner, then we'd go home. I don't get the big deal. Would you be offended too or am I over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• id be abit bothered but screw her...maybe she just doesnt want the kids going along..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Maybe they were planning a girls night out kinda deal w/o kids---I would be upset if you invited yourself and kids to something that was already planned...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It sounds like the plans were for Grandma and her daughters (mom/aunt) to have a 'just them' outing and it sounds like you were not included. So yes, if you called your mom and said "guess what mom the kids and I are joining you" then I think she has a right to be upset.
    Now if they had asked you to be included, that would be a different story-- although then it would be best to leave the kids home or ask before springing the kids on them.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first Anon....maybe they just wanted a night out without kids. I think you overreacted a bit, (blame it on the hormones!!) haha
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• yeah, I'd blame the hormones, or maybe it's just you, Idk how you acted before you were pregnant, you could just be a b*tch all together. But yeah, I would have been mad too
    Anonymous