Evalution Vs IS their a God?

Iam a christian but lately have seen alot of evidence of evalution. Its starting to freak me out. what do yo think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• evolution
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? Why can you not have a God who created life, and used evolution as a mechanism to allow that life to change over time? I honestly don't see why people have an 'either/or' mentality about that. Nothing in evolution rejects God as a first cause.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• If we came from monkeys that scary. When I die I wanna go to heaven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• oh please dont come to my question to correct my spelling, thanks!
    Anonymous

• Nowhere does evolution state that we came from monkeys (though it does state that a long time back, we shared a common ancestor.) And being as it's a non-religious scientific theory it makes no statements either way about who goes to heaven.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Descended from a Common ancestor, not "we came form Monkeys" Holy Hell you would think you could try to grasp the very basics of the concept.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I am a firm believer in Creator Guided Evolution. There is to much physical proof of evolution and to much mystical proof of the Gods... The two in no way cancel each other out! We don't know HOW the Gods created things, we (creationists) just know they did. There is no reason why evolution can't be the tool they used! The issue there is that it leaves the door for further evolution to take place. And that scares people.

For the "we came from Monkeys" lady... Evolution teaches a common ancestor. Just like you and your great grand uncle have a common ancestor... It doesn't mean you came from him... You are RELATED... Just like people and monkeys... we are genetic RELATIVES to monkeys, we are not descendants!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• The fact of evolution in no way proves the nonexistence of God. It also doesn't mean we are descended "from monkeys" or that we can't go to heaven. It means that science has shown us the technique which formed all life currently on this planet, it does not explain why these life forms evolved or who caused it to happen or if it was in fact caused by anyone (anything). So you can safely look into & try to understand evolution (the basics are pretty easy) without threatening your belief & devotion to Jesus Christ (or any god for that matter).

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• ...Yeah, um. We didn't come from monkeys. Whoever is spreading that false information around seriously needs to shut the fuck up.

*cough* Nothing wrong with believing in evolution. Makes more sense than creationism to me. Why should it scare you? Come to our side, we have cookies!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I am a Christian and I don't believe in macro-evolution. If you want to look into it you can go to the site below for a bunch of info.

Answers in Genesis 

You might also enjoy watching A Case For a Creator it is in my journals.

Have a great day : )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009