My daughters (8, 8, 9) are constantly bickering with eachother. Any advice?

My 8 yr. old twin girls are always taking sides against their 9 yr. old sister, even when their wrong. She is getting really flustered. Basically, it is the 9 yr. old against the twins, one at a time . The twins don't usually argue with eachother.

AngeliaG

Asked by AngeliaG at 11:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• mine are 14 and 15- they stil argue a lot!! let them work it out mostly by themselves.
    and make sure you have a list for them to take care of things while you are laid up with your knee!!! REALLY!!!!! It is natural that they fight.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• they are girls. it'll get worse as they get older. but once they are adults they will be fine. until then, make them take it to a different room.

Or maybe...just thought of this...try to get one of the twins and the older girl into something together, like an art class. Have the older girl take a class with each one of them seperate. Maybe that way they can bond without the third being there. Just a thought.
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My mom and I were just laughing about this today...my sister and I are 19 months apart and when we were growing up if we were fighting constantly my mom would kick us outside to our porch. It is a three season enclosed porch and we were told that we could not come back in until we had worked it out! Didn't matter if it was 90 degrees or 30 degrees, she would kick us out till we worked it out! I suppose you could do the same thing by just putting them in the same room and making them work it out. I don't know if this would be considered lazy parenting or not, but it worked because if it was 90 degrees the porch is WAYYYY hot and if it's 30 degrees it's WAYYYY cold!! It's funny now, but it used to piss me off and we would usually work it out before we got kicked out! I think I was about 8,9,10 when this started! I wasn't traumatized!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 6:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Cute story Mama Roberts! lol. I do tell them to work it out amongst themselves. I guess I will have to get used to it as it is only preteen season now. They aren't screaming and being too physical...yet, but I remember my sister and I fighting something terrible too. I just thought maybe I wasn't doing something right, or if I should handle it in a different manner. Thanks to all of you for your advice. I just joined Cafe Mom and lovin it!
    AngeliaG

Answer by AngeliaG at 6:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• wait until they are teenagers.....I have 4 daughters.....24,23,18,16.........I know what I'm talking about when i say......get some good wine and know that this too shall pass
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I noticed when I got rid of TV time, the bickering stopped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Ground them all for a month. No tv, no computer, no anything.
    Christiqual

Answer by Christiqual at 10:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2009