how can i get my 13 yr old to care about school?

schanna

Asked by schanna at 11:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• When you figure it out let me know. My daughter is the same way, she passed all her test, with good grades. I thought she needed special ed, nope, she just don't care.

Happiness, sometimes they are depressed, that is what the doc said about my daughter. 13 and depressed, she lost 2 grandmothers in a year, and she is becoming a teen. She is not your regular 13 year old, not very girly.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Sit down with your child. Ask her/him what her/his goals are for the next 5 and 10 years, and what steps she/he plans to take to acheive those goals.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• get her active in sports of some sort...sometimes kids aren't active with school work because they aren't active in any other part of their lives...sports also will help build confidence...karate or kick boxing or dance
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 8:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Lots of praise for the good work he does do. And when he needs help with something , if you can help sit down and explain it to him, if not, get help in school. Most times teens are just overwhelmed with everything expected of them and rarely get a lot of praise for the good things they do, not just school work
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 7:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2009