tmi - tampons

thank you for allowing me to ask this questions anonymously.... I have always wondered but would NEVER actually ask someone in 'real' life.

When you are putting in a tampon does it go in at the same angle each time? I know that I have a tipped uterus, but sometimes I can incert a tampon straight up, sometimes it is a 45 degree angle to the left or the right, or tipped wayyyy back.

Is this normal? Is this because of the tipped uterus?

It doesnt bother me at all..... I have just always wondered.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ya sometimes mine will angle to the right and sometimes to the left..just whereever the applicator lands.. and as long as you are comfortable.. i found it does help to be standing with my leg up like on the instructions..it felt like it went in better and i didnt notice it as soon as the other times..plus different tams feel diff.. i hate cardboard it just goes in weird..but i tried the tampax but i started usind the playtex sport and i wouldnt use anything else..it just fits me better..its like a shoe..you have to find one that fits..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• As long as you are comfortable and it does its job I don't think it matters.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Hi anon. I love that this site is enabling you to ask this question and I like to see the anon button being used in such a positive way! IMO it's not just you, I have never been told I have a tipped uterus and I have noticed this about the insertion of tampons as well. I also agree w/anon that the Playtex Sport fit me the best so it does make a diff the brand you use. Sometimes w/the other kinds I would sometimes not be able to get it in comfortably so I know what you mean!
    Anonymous

• i have a tilted uterus as well and i have notice the same thing. my gyno told me that it was normal for it to be inserted different ways but that with a tilted U there may be a greater concern with leakage. and there is. so anyway thats all i know. she also said that if it doesn't hurt and you can't feel it, it's in there right
    BigBoMom

Answer by BigBoMom at 5:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009