Im confused! can someone tell me if im understanding this wrong lol

ok so im looking into being a surrogate and I was looking into the laws for my state (FL) no does this mean me as a surrogate mother have to be married or the parents im giving the baby to have to be married?

"Florida gestational surrogacy statutes impose strict requirements on the contracts, among them limiting involvement to “couple[s that] are legally married and are both 18 years of age or older.”
In the 2000 case of Lowe v. Broward County, a Florida District Court of Appeals noted that the right to enter into surrogate-parenting agreements is reserved for married couples only and is one of the many rights that domestic partners are denied. "
thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This means that the parents recieving the baby have to be married. For example, it says "domestic partners are denied" that means people who aren't married like maybe a gay coulple. It says one of the many rights they are denied, so I'm assuming that is what it is talking about.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• ..ya but if they are gay you can have one dad sign the birth certificate and then the other can adopt the baby legally.. my uncle did that with their child..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I am understanding it to be the couple getting the baby must be married. I don't think it matters at all whether you are married, you will not be the one to wind up with a baby in the end. If I were toying with this idea, I would make sure I had a good lawyer before signing anything!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2009