teaching signs to people- but how?

I am hearing impaired... and i know signs.. I was thinking... how do i get it start... I was thinking of someone is interested to learn about signs.. should i go over to peoples houses, or should i pick a place for people to come over.. it will be easier if i do one on one though... my daughters 10 and it will be cool for her to teach signs to kids .... im just having a hard time deciding how and should i...
Another thought... teaching people over webcam?

Im just wondering if anyone s going through like this...

thanks!

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 12:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do you go to church that would be a good place to start. I'm sure they would have a place for you to teach. My DD is hearing impaired and I always wanted to take a class but because I work full-time and all the classes are during the day I can't, but my DD is a great teacher. She has s signing para so DD knows ASL fluently.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Why not try a local cafe? They can help promote it as a weekly or monthly event. Leave flyers up with contact info to register. Also, your public library would love a program like this. I see you are in Moscow according to your profile so I don't quite know how that would work.
    ny_momof3

Answer by ny_momof3 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I took a sign class through the community ed program. It has a pretty good base to get students and it's usually held at one of the schools. That could be an option. I would love to know more signs. I barely remember any of it! I took it in HS, I'm 27 now.
    Anonymous