is it wrong to have 2 baby showers in your opinion??

Im pregnant with my second baby, we have not found out the gender yet.
Our first was a girl she is now almost 14 months old. So if its a girl we can use the same stuff our daughter used but if its a boy we have absoloutley NOTHING. everything our daughter has is PINK ha.(seriously)
But if its another girl i still want to have a party you know just to celebrate a new baby. how could i do this with out people thinkin bad??

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I honestly think there should be a party/baby shower for every baby lol i dont get why people only have it for their 1st. Id say do it!
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I would just have a party--not a shower! Go ahead and register, no matter what, I buy all my friends gifts for 1st or 5th baby! It is nice to know what they would like, happy birthing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Forget what people think, when you find out the gender if it is a boy, make up a invitation like this:

Another birth, another blessing, but this time around he is not a she.
    His name will be:

I ask my friends and family I love to join us for a celebration, of my new born son.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I refused a baby shower. I didn't want to feel like I was begging for gifts. After our daughter was born, we invited the people we love over for brunch, and to meet our new family member.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• welcoming party, baptism/christening party, birthday party whatever you want to call it. A shower is too much about the gifts and usually women only. I say invite everybody and do it after baby comes.

Anonymous

• Nothing wrong with having another baby shower, why not? Your not having the same baby again. Even after I knew the sex of the child I was having I asked that everything be something that is alright to use for either sex. As I stated to people I don't think you can be 100% sure of what they tell you the child's sex might be. They can tell you your having a girl and you still might end up with a boy because the genitalia does not always drop right away and it can still appear to be a girl and it does not drop till the last minute then you have a situation if you have everything only for a girl. If they say a boy then you can be pretty sure its a boy.

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 12:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• The shower is for the baby, not the mommy. I feel that you should have a shower (or sprinkle since you don't need as much stuff) for every baby. It's a celebration of the child.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it either. Except are you throwing it yourself or is someone throwing it for you?
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I had three baby showers for my first baby, and for my second, ( I didn't know the gender) I waited untill right after she was born, and we had a 'meet the baby shower" which was really cool and she got her own precious mementos. I think you should definately have a shower for this baby.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Traditionally showers are for first babies only. Have a celebration and call it just that and put no gifts please on the invitations. If you truly want to just celebrate then no biggie, just be honest.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2009