OMG Don't our troops have enough????

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/06/rare-virus-poses-new-threat-to-troops/

By Sara A. Carter

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan | U.S. military officials sent a medical team to a remote outpost in southern Afghanistan this week to take blood samples from members of an Army unit after a soldier in the unit died from an Ebola-like virus.

Dr. Jim Radike, an expert in internal medicine and infectious diseases at the Role 3 Trauma Hospital at Kandahar Air Field, told The Washington Times that Sgt. Robert David Gordon, 22, from River Falls, Ala., died Sept. 16 from what turned out to be Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever after he was bitten by a tick. The virus is transmitted by infected blood and can be carried by ticks, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well...that and they are supposed to give the Marines and Soldiers the um...gear...to protect themselves. I sincerely hope this soldier gets well.

(that's why Marines wear their trousers bloused over their boots and not tucked INTO them.).
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• BO has to get off his apparent "I'm too scared to make a decision because it might not be the right on and I'm the only one they can blame" posture and act like the Commander in Chief. He is more like the Commander in Pass the Buck.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I guess I overreacted a bit. This is spread by ticks and infected blood and is not unheard of for that area. You do, as a soldier, have to be prepared some what to face unusual disease and take precautions.
    Anonymous