Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this be good enough for just one time?

I'm going to food bank today. They ask for all of this stuff:
•Address and phone number
•Number of people in household
•Birth date of each person
•Relationship to client
•Income documentation
•Budget worksheet

We just moved in september so some of our stuff isn't switched yet. None of the mail is in my name so I am taking the old car insurance card thing with both of our names on it to show we live together and a bill with his name on it. I also have our lease, his paystub from 10/23, and a screen shot of his bank account for deposits and stuff to prove income. I have a birth certificate for me but the baby never got one and DF... who knows about him lol.

Do you think this is enough for just today? and then if I need to go back again I will make sure I have all the right stuff next time

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (8)
  • That should be....GL I'm going today to get Registered for Unemployment

    Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

  • i would call them just to make sure, it would suck if it wasn't enough.

    Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

  • I tried calling earlier. You can only get through to answering machines and I left a message but no one called back yet. I'm just going because I went with my stepmom one time, she didn't have anything and we still got food they just told her bring it next time


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

  • Depends on the food bank. They should have a web site. You have to apply for a birth certificate at the hospital before you leave. If you had your baby at home you will need to get one. You need to have a birth certificate for the baby asap. The baby also needs a SS number. You will need these things to get Medicaid and food stamps.

    How will anyone know its your baby without a birth cert? You could have a hard time getting one if you moved across state lines.

    Answer by Gailll at 1:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

  • im sure if you just moved it shouldnt be a problem we done that b4 had to go to the food bank the day after we moved to our new home and they let it slide that first time

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

  • You could take the baby's shot record. That's why WIC asks for it. They dont really check to see if the kid has all their shots. I asked once because I was a bit behind on the shots. She told me they use it as a form of ID because they figure only a parent is going to have a shot record.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

  • Why would she have a hard time getting a birth certificate if you move to another state? You just mail in the a form & a check to the state where your child was born! We had to get my husband's from TX & we dont live any where near TX! They mail it to you lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

  • Oh and sure you apply for a birth certificate before you leave the hospital but you arent entitled to get a copy of it. You have to fill out another form later & pay for it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN