Baked mac n cheese with bread crumbs on top?

Can I use any kind of bread? Do I just crumble up the bread and put it on top? Ive got the mac and cheese made in the baking pan and I just want to try something different.

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 1:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• place bread in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Pour butter into bowl with bread, and toss. Set breadcrumbs aside.
    Anonymous

• I use the ends of all the loaves of bread, throw in the food processor with some butter (or garlic butter) and cheese. then toss on top of the mac'ncheese they get all cruncy and yummy.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Run the bread in your food processor, then put it in a frying pan with some melted butter and sautee until brown and a little dry, with some salt and pepper. :) Delicious!
    Mama2Becks

Answer by Mama2Becks at 8:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I buy breadcrumbs already made or I crush saltine crackers, then saute in butter until golden brown.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Buy croutons...the seasoned ones...yum
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2009