What else should I buy this family for thanksgiving?

I am buying a family some food for thanksgiving all she asked for was sweet potatoes, spices, pie filling and any kind of meat. Im not happy with that, she is being very modest, what else should I get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• How about a gift card so she can buy the meal herself...That way she gets exactly what she wants/needs without having to ask for every little thing
    Anonymous

• because, if we didnt have foodstamps I couldnt help this family, God has been so good to us and All I want is to help someone else instaed of myslef, I cant buy gift card with FS or I would.
    Anonymous

• thats what i was going to say...
    find out what store she usually shops at, and get a gift card in the amount you are prepared to spend on the meal. stick it in a nice holiday appropriate card.

she is likely being modest because she is having a hard time asking for things, (like i do, even when in need) and it would make it a lot easier for her, and probably more enjoyable to have the freedom to make up her own meal, rather than making due.

by the way- i just wanted to say thanks for helping someone out. i remember a couple of times when i was quite young, that my father wound up getting laid off (he's a design engineer), and of those times was from michelin just before the holidays- end of summer maybe. it was rough. we were all prepared for nothing special. and when we got up the morning before thanksgiving, there were bags and bags of groceries on our carport! even a turkey! i hold that memory close. it was appreciated.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• ahh...well then just think of everything you would need and get doubles, green bean cassarole, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes (reg and sweet)---those are the staples to our meals if that helps you. And I think it's great you are helping out a family in need---I'm not sure why my first answer showed up anon--guess I got click happy.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It is very selfless and awesome what you are doing for another family!!! It's people like you that truly bless people.
    Maybe some rolls, either a turkey or ham, maybe eggs for deviled eggs....stuffing, cranberry sauce.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• corn, stuffing, cranberry, cider, pie, rolls..........or the makings for her to make these herself.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Ice Cream =]
    Anonymous

• I would buy them a turkey breast, some rolls, some corn on the cob, green beans (maybe the stuff to make green bean casserole), a few sweet potatoes, some cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, some stuffing, a can of cranberry sauce, a frozen pie (i think they taste better than the cans of stuff and they're just as cheap), and a gallon bottle of apple cider. I wish I had the capability to help someone out like that!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I like the answer, buy for yourself and double it - and give to her. I think what you are doing is wonderful!!!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 5:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2009