I need input on a good stroller

The stroller I currently have is Evenflo Discovery and the wheels catch on every thing that isn't flush with the ground (ie a slight raise in the sidewalk we wouldn't even stumble on) causing my son to constantly bump his mouth on the tray. This even happens on carpet to floor transitions in department stores. I need something that is reasonably priced and that still has a seat reclining option and that also folds up to fit in the trunk of my car.

alysiah83

Asked by alysiah83 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• We have a graco glider. Its awesome! It folds extremely easiley with one hand and it reclines as well.
    Anonymous

• I got a cheap one from target and it serves it purpose well.. I dont really understand spending any more then 25$.... maybe i am cheap?
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• No, $25 isn't cheap, your just practical! I don't get how people feel that $600 is a good price for a stroller. It's not like it can drive itself or fold up at the push of a button lol
    alysiah83

Answer by alysiah83 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• The glider was only 169.. but it came with the carseat and everything. The one we got was a transitional stroller from infant to toddler... I think its way worth it. Plus we didnt buy it my rich Grandparents did because this is the first Grandson and GreatGrandson
    Anonymous

• LOL we have several strollers - - Some cheaper than others, but they all serve their purpose! :) I have a large single stroller (the kind that comes with a "travel system" - it is a baby trend. I think they sell for about 90 by themselves. It's been good for having 1 kid in the stroller and still having a good size basket and I would recommend it as a decent stroller. We also have a smaller single stroller - it's a chicco and is slightly bigger/sturdier than an umbrella stroller. It's good for walks and places where you don't need a lot of extra stuff with you. I think we got that one for 55/60. I like it because of how small it is, and we have abused the heck out of it and it's still not falling apart :) My 3rd stroller is a double - side by side (zooper tango). It was spendy, although we did find a good deal on it online (300 rather than 400). We chose it because. . . .
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We chose the zooper because it was the only stroller that met all of our requirements for a double - side by side, took a carseat, seats reclined all the way. It's bigger and takes up quite a bit of room in the back of the suv, but it steers great and I have not regretted spending the extra money on something that I use almost every day and love!. :)
    As for not spending more than 25 for a stroller - I couldn't have found one that worked for us for that price- maybe at a garage sale, but even then I see gently used strollers going for much more than that.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Is your son old enough for an umbrella stroller?
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• He is 7 months old but he is literally the size of a 1yr old. He's about 20 lbs and 30 in long.The thing is, he likes to pull himself forward while in the stroller. He really likes looking around and being as close to the "action" as possible. I don't think he'd be too happyl in an umbrella stroller cuz he wouldn't b able to sit forward
    alysiah83

Answer by alysiah83 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2009