Home hair highlighting or bleaching

Who bleaches or highlights their hair at home? What do you do and how, and what color is your hair to begin with? (natural or dyed before the blonde)
TIA>

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• ive highlighted my hair at home before. are you trying to do blonde highlights or what? you just buy the highlighting kit, you put this hat thing on, and you take this stick thing and polk holes through the hat thing and pull your hair out through the holes and then put the dye on that. its not hard. it comes with directions. its easier if u have someone to help you do the back but you can do it by yourself.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I dye mine red at home. I put oil around my edges and put 2 packs of die in and act like I'm washing it until its all the way in. Then I leave it on for about 15 minutes then rinse.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• yeah i agree with someone helping, i let my hubby do it only because for some reason he enjoys stuff like that. you do just pull your hair out of the cap if highlighting. my hair color used to be dark brown, sometimes i turns out couple different blondes, could be because i had it highlighted at a salon before and when they grew out of the roots, i just dyed my whole head blonde but i think its cool
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2009