I feel like something is wrong...

I am 16 weeks preggers with my 3rd. I feel like something is not right. I do not know why I did not have this feeling with my other 2. Has anyone had this feeling? Am I over reacting?

seth.ethan225

Asked by seth.ethan225 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Can you describe it more?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I do not know- just this wird feeling like something is not right and I do not know what it is. I went to the Dr. Mon. and heard her heart beat. I just feel wird about this one.
    seth.ethan225

Answer by seth.ethan225 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I think that the more babies we have, sometimes the more we have worries. It's okay to worry, but not to let them overtake us! As a mom with 2 kids, I feel more anxious about things than I did early in Motherhood, sometimes.
    I have something that I find helpful to share:
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Worry is the Work of Pregnancy

December 3, 2007 by talkbirth

This is a concept I like to introduce in childbirth classes. I first came across the phrase “worry is the work of pregnancy” in my most favorite of birthing books, Birthing from Within by Pam England. I’ve noticed that women often feel like they shouldn’t have worries during pregnancy and that talking about their fears is somehow “dangerous” (like it will make the fear come true). Bringing fear out into the open and “looking at it” instead of keeping it tucked away and bothering you is actually one of the best ways to work with it. Another common concern is that your worries are “silly” or unfounded. It is okay to have worries, even “silly” ones! The strategy Pam suggest for exploring your worries is as follows:
    doulala

• Explore each worry with questions:

° What would you do if this worry /fear actually came true?

° What do you imagine your partner and/or birth attendant would do/say?

° What would it mean about you as a mother if this happened?

° How have you faced crises in the past?

° What, if anything, can you do to prepare for, or even prevent, what you are worrying about? What is keeping you from doing it?

° If there is nothing you can do to prevent it, how would you like to handle the situation?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Well, maybe you are just nervous because you had 2 healthy children, and mabye you are afraid that this one won't be? Or maybe it's a mother's intuition? I don't know... I am always nervous and worried about everything becuase I feel I'm realistic, and I KNOW that anything CAN happen to anyone! Don't let anything get you down too bad! Worrying doesn't solve anything, it just gives us something to do! Good luck hon!
    Anonymous

• I know you don't know *what* is eating at you. But maybe explore the concerns you DO have.

Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• unless you're seeing physical signs that something is wrong, try not to work yourself up. Be aware of spotting, bleeding, lots of leaking, etc... keep an eye on your body and call your doc if you can't shake the feeling. Even if you're totally off base and crazy psycho.... better safe than sorry right? And that's what you're PAYING your doc for, so don't be afraid to pick up the phone and bother her/him!!!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 2:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2009