PAY ATTENTION: THIS ORLANDO SHOOTING TOOK PLACE AT SMITH AND REYNOLDS>....A DEFENSE CONTRACTOR

THEY BUILD INFRASTRUCTURE AMONG OTHER THINGS.
DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR THEM? ARE THEY OVERSEAS ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why? What difference does it make if a shooting took place at a defense contractor ... or a building contractor ... or a landscaping contractor ... or a department store?

I'm missing something here ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• your point? Things happen. ever heard of "going postal"? Doesn't matter where they work. happens in government, retail, contractors, even in high schools and colleges. Some times, at home.
    Anonymous

• Yesterday a military base? Today a military contractor? I don't think it is a coincidence. Keep your eyes open.
    Anonymous

• My FIL works at a gov't contractor. Can I request them strick there next?

Sometimes, things really are just a coincidence. And with times as they are, it's possible he was just pissed about losing his job. Stranger things have happened. Why start the conspiracy theories already?
    Anonymous

• The guy was fired 2 years ago. That is a LONG time for a grudge over employment.
    Anonymous

• Any good phsyco needs time to come up with a plan. Plus the waiting period for a gun takes forever! :)
    Anonymous

• Well, this guy should never have been given a permit to own a gun. Nutcases should never have weapons. There should be a psychological evaluation done on anyone who wants to buy a gun. Just look at what has been happening in the good old USA in the last 10-15 years.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Linda,
    EVERYONE who is not a felon in this country has a constitutional right to a weapon. That is the way it should be. Otherwise we will be at the mercy of a very corrupt government even more so then we are. Look into what happened in other countries when they disarmed the people.
    Anonymous

• Linda, why should those of us who are responsible gun owners have to go through all of that just to own a gun. I am NOT a nutcase, I have the right to go to a store and purchase a gun if I choose to do so without being made to feel like a criminal. Making it nearly impossible to purchase a gun is not going to keep the weapons out of the "nutcase's" hands. They will find weapons regardless. All these stricter laws do is make it more difficult for responsible and honest gun owners to own guns. I agree that "nutcases" should not own guns but you can do very little to stop it without infringing on the rights of good citizens.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091107/ap_on_re_us/us_orlando_office_shooting

He was just pissed about losing his job. no connectionto the individual who went crazy at Ft. Hood (who, also should not be used to assume all Muslims are bad)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2009