what to do about mean toddlers/kids????

My daughter just turned 2 and I have a friend that her daughter is 2 1/2. Well her daughter is MEAN! Just plan MEAN! Pushes, shuves, yells, punches, ect. to my dd. My daughter is a hugging little girl and wants to share but she says her daughter has grown up with boys and that is all she knows. She barely yells at her for it, so I have to step in and ask her to be nice. Well tomorrow we are having a party and there will be lots of kids there and Im afraid her daughter is gonna beat up everyone....what do I do?? What do I say??? How do I deal with this?? I dont want my daughter treated that way or do I want to have anyone else kids there to be beat up on. HELP ME!! I dont want my daughter to be a bully or be bullied...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah i wouldnt want my kids to be bullied either....this might not help but who knows.

on the bus, there was this child that used to apparently talk down to my son so when he said this to me, i told my son to leave him alone but he told me that thats what the bus driver said too but the kid keeps doing it. then i figured that my son must of not knowen what the bus driver meant by "leaving him alone" the bully kept on and on so i said "you know, what we mean by 'leaving him alone' is that if he talks to you, you dont answer, you sit AWAY from him, if you continue to answer his stupid questions, then he will continue to bully you."

so maybe figure out a way for your daughter to not participate in this friend's daughter's activies and talk to her in those kinds of situations "just in case she does this...." just keep your space between your friend's daughter and yours if your friend cant handle her child's bullyness
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Honestly, I wouldn't have that girl around my child or anyone else's at my house and probably wouldn't go to the friend's house if she doesn't discipline her for such horrible behavior. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable and there is no reason to inflict that on your child or anyone else's. You have already talked to your friend and she is not interested in stopping that so it looks like she doesn't care.
    Anonymous

• I would not have that child around... if she has hurt feelings about it, you or her mother could explain that you would love to include her when she shows that she can behave appropriately. She is old enough to understand right from wrong. You are planning this day for your child and it doesn't need to be a bad day (there is enough that could go wrong on its own). Assume your friend doesn't know what to do as opposed to not caring... bad behavior stumps alot of parents. Gently tell your friend it is not your wish to exclude her but that you will be busy with many other things and cannot be responsible for disciplining her daughter. Talk to her and ask her about how she feels about it and let her take the repsonsibility of managing the behavior and seeking appropriate help instead of letting the child control the situation.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2009