Has anyone ever wanted to have lots of children but was afraid of being pregnant?

Like worried about all the hormones that you've been through before the crazy emotions an all that? Cause I want to have more children (I only have 2) but I didn't like the crazy emotions during pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ah crap, I kinda hoped this was normal..lol
    Anonymous

• LOL I loved all the emotional turmoil being pregnant put me through :) Ok, so not so much. . . . . But when it comes right down to it, it's 9 months of emotions vs. a lifetime of children, so I keep picking the kids ;) Your other option is adopting - - all of the kids (and possibly a lot of waiting, legal fees, etc) and none of the pregnancy??
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm sure it is normal. I loved being pregnant pretty much the whole time & labor wasn't that bad, but i don't want any more kids (i have 1). My hormones are worse since I had my daughter than when I was pregnant I think. Everything makes me cry.
    Anonymous

• A lot of pregnancy and birth is mostly a mind-over-matter experience. I think that exploring your fears & concerns is important, whether or not you end up with more babies.
    I actually devour pregnancy & birth stuff, I want to be pregnant & give birth, not necessarily have more offspring, though. (surrogacy??) So I am not in your situation. But as someone passionate about this subject and loving helping moms-to-be, I know that there are moms who don't feel like I do. Whether your concerns are unique or not, they are your concerns. Your worries. Getting through will be important.
    Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• hahaha I was partial about pregnancy... with my first it wasn't a very enjoyable pregnancy. It was egh.... decent, but not great. I LOATHE throwing up... so morning sickness was my bain, not really the emotions.

My second pregnancy was FANTASTIC... which was a fools gold. It was so great that when I found out I was pregnant with my third, I was filled with all kinds of happy, healthy thoughts!!!!

This third pregnancy has been torture. At this point I never want to have another baby again. I can't WAIT to be DONE....

I think each pregnancy is different... so my answer would be, don't freak out. Try to take comfort in the fact that your next pregnancy might be an amazing experience and your emotions won't even play a role. I guess you kinda gotta decide what's worth it to YOU.. more babies? More pregnancy? What's alright by you?
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 2:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• have you considered adoption, i know it is a lengthy, difficult, expensive process, but maybe that would work better for you =)

i only want 2. i enjoyed my first pregnancy but right now i'm pretty sick with my 2nd so that makes me doubt i 'll get baby fever again in a couple years. lol
    Anonymous

• i'm kinda like that too. i worry about having a bunch of kids for other reasons, too, but yeah going through pregnancy over and over scares me to death! i feel like i will never survive just this one!! i want more, but, it's kinda intimidating to think of doing this over and over. people that have a lot of kids really must be commended for going through this so many times, wow!
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• No, I would love to have more kide. My main concern if I am financial stable at the time.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I wanted 3-4 but this will be my last pregnancy, #2. I experienced a terrible depression unlike anything i could ever imagine. I honestly didn't think i would get better, a med change is what did it, i was ecstatic to be pregnant, then i don't know what happened. i can not go back to that place again. i have been sick as a dog with both and i would absolutely do that again, but the depression, no way.

Anonymous