ok so i am worried!

I am breast feeding and I just starting to spot!! The last time I spotted I ended up prego. Never had a irregular period I never really got bad cramping... I didn't even find out I was prego until I had to go in for a pap smear and they did an ultra sound after finding out to see ho far along I was and I was in my second trimester! I never had any symtoms and didn't gain weight til my last month .. I even lost 30 pounds during my pregnancy I went from 160 to 130, even! So what do you think, maybe I am suppose to start suppose to spot. I haven't bleed since I had him and when I breast feeding I didn't bleed.

christinkie

Asked by christinkie at 1:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could be pregnant again, or your cycle could be just starting back up - - I would go in to the Dr. and have them check things out to be safe.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Nursing is NOT birth control. I've seen PLENTY of women with a 6 mo old on their boob, and a baby on the way.... nursing has NOTHING to do with it!!! So don't believe the lies!!

Spotting is normal. Nursing might DELAY your period longer, but it won't put it on hold forever. I nursed and had my periods after about 3 mos... it doesn't neccessarily mean you're pregnant, so try not to freak.

Only you know your body, and everyone is different, so my suggestion would be to go get a test, take it, or call up your doc and run it by him/her. Good luck!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 2:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I've gotten pregnant twice while BFing. No one can say whether you're pregnant again or not. Your period can do strange things while BFing. You could be pregnant or it could just be some irregular bleeding. You'll just have to test and see.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2009