What to do about mean kids/toddlers???

My daughter just turned 2 and I have a friend that her daughter is 2 1/2. Well her daughter is MEAN! Just plan MEAN! Pushes, shuves, yells, punches, ect. to my dd. My daughter is a hugging little girl and wants to share but she says her daughter has grown up with boys and that is all she knows. She barely yells at her for it, so I have to step in and ask her to be nice. Well tomorrow we are having a party and there will be lots of kids there and Im afraid her daughter is gonna beat up everyone....what do I do?? What do I say??? How do I deal with this?? I dont want my daughter treated that way or do I want to have anyone else kids there to be beat up on. HELP ME!! I dont want my daughter to be a bully or be bullied...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you keep her from your daughter? Like dont hang out together..? I would just do that, and if your friend asks why you've been distant, be honest with her, tell her you do not appreciate your daughter being picked on. If they come to the party and the girl does hit your daughter, tell her mom that she needs to control her DD or she needs to leave because it is completely inappropriate for her DD to act that way to yours.
    Anonymous

• It's hard when it's a close friend or family member- - my nephew is the same way and I'm glad that we live far enough away that we really don't spend that much time with him. I would be upfront with your friend - you love spending time with her, but you can't continue having your child pushed around by hers. Her feelings might get hurt and she might stop seeing you for awhile, but if she's a true friend, she'll get over it.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2009