how long should my 6 week old stay up?

He wakes up every 2 hours on the dot to eat...at night goes right back to sleep. During the day he either goes right back to sleep or might stay up for no more than 30 minutes at a time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow. How much are you feeding them???
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• He eats 2-3 oz each feeding...he refuses to eat more than that.
    Anonymous

• my 6 week old baby sleeps 5 hours at night, and then eats then goes right back to sleep. during the day she sleeps for 3 hours then is up for about 2 hours, then back to sleep, my baby also eats 6 oz during each feeding.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• try giving him an extra ounce like an hour after you feed him 2. Once his belly gets a little bigger he'll eat more stay full longer and sleep longer. My six week old eats 5 ounces every 4-5 hours. So its not like you over feeding them. There just eating more less frequently. Good luck darling. It was only a few weeks ago I was in the same boat and heavens i remember!!!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• my 6wk old eats 4-6oz each feeding but still wakes up every 2hrs during the day to eat and sometimes every hr at night and he stays away usually between 5-7 eatting crying staring lol
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 2:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Let him stay up during the day as much as he wants to. That's great for him to stay up and explore his world, even at his young age. If he wants to be awake and is content then that's wonderful.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009