Back-up sitters?

Ok, my husband and i signed and contract with a sitter (#1), and two weeks after our daughter started going #1 had a baby. she told us that her back-up (#2) would be taking the kids to her house for a few hours a day. The few hours turned into all day, then a week, then two weeks. Then last tuesday they gave their two week notice, they are shutting down the daycare. Now, my daughter had refused to eat at #2's house and cries ALL day long. i have now pulld her out. My question is, there is one week left in their two week notice, can i refuse to pay the last week that my child does not attend because of her not eating all day and crying? We did not sign contract with #2 nor does she have a lic. #1 has not seen the kids for over the week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think # 1 is in breach of contract by using #2 the way she did. so no I wouldn't pay. that's just me.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 2:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I think #1 broke the contract already.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• #1 broke the contract, you do not have to pay her when she was not watching your daughter.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2009