when is it safe?

To have the baby on tummy time and walk out of the room for a brief period of time such as to make a bottle or prep some food for the LO? I guess I'm just nervous about leaving ds on his belly when I'm not right there. But he holds his head up fine and is working on the strength and coord to crawl. Advice plz and thank you in advance.

bjw_053109

Asked by bjw_053109 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's safe now. Just make sure he isn't on a pillow surface or something, and that his face isn't in the floor.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Of course it's fine. My mother put us all to sleep on our stomachs every night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

What?
    Anonymous

• He is on a thin blanket spread out on the floor. And mompam he likes sleeping on his bell but the drs scared the crap outta me w/ the SIDS stuff so he only gets to take naps on his belly so I can keep an eye on him.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Don't know why it wouldn't be. All of mine slept on their tummies.
    Anonymous