What Would You Do???

I am 7 months pregnant and not with the babies father he actually got in trouble for a dui so he wont be around for awhile. Last night I called his mom and asked her how she was feeling and she said she knows she's dieing... She then asked me if I saw her son and I said yes on Monday and that he will probably do alot more time then they thought. I didnt tell his mom this to start anything. I wasnt thinking anything of it because she then told me to ask him about his truck and what he wants to do with it. I felt like the conversation was innocent. Well tonight his sister calls me up yelling telling me never to call his mom, and how dare i when she's sick tell her something he didnt want her to know. She then goes oh by the way have fun taking care of the baby yourself and all I said is what are you talking about. So now I feel bad like I shouldnt of even said anything to his mom? Advice????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you should have left it at "yes I saw him on monday" and thats it. Shes dying ! Im sure she didn't need that news.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 2:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Awh! Sweetheart! Wow..! First of all you prob felt like his mother needed to know this. But how would you know? right? and Second of all the sister doesnt need to be calling you being rude what so ever. I think you thought u were doing the rite thing.. but then again it has to do with how their personality is and everything. MY MIL is CRAZY so I wouldnt know whta to tell you hun but i wouldnt take that, thats for sure. the sister has a darn nerve..and my MIL will be nice toy our face one day and rude behind your back or whine about everything or rude to your face andn next day nice who knows! but i feel for you sweetie. I would just keep them out of everything I wouldnt call them unless they call you first. For her to say good luck taking care of the baby yourself thats just so rude. and you dnt need the stress u have 2 months left. and it is goin g to be extremly hard taking care of a newborn yourself. msg me if u need 2
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I don't think what you said was out of line...after all what mom doesnt want to know whats going on with their kids? And as for the sister she had no business calling and yelling @ you. She should be yelling at her brother, after all he is the one with the DUI, not you. You are just left to clean up a mess.

GL
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• My initial reaction was tell the sister to go F herself, but then I realized she is probably just reacting to dealing with a brother in jail and a dying mother. She is obviously having a hard time and you are an easy target. Let it roll off. Just because she is dying doesn't mean the mom needs to be treated as an ignorant fool. Would it be better to let her continue to expect to see him after a certain period of time and be disappointed? Many people hang on to life waiting to see loved ones a last time. If she is unable to see him, at least she can live in truth and knowledge. You did nothing wrong, and you don't owe anyone an explanation for your actions. Do what you need to do to take care of you and your baby. Don't sweat it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009