Has anyone tried Nutrasystem?

And had success with it?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I did it many years ago. Back then it was like weight watchers, you went, had a meeting, they weighed you. I had a lot of success and liked the fact that everything was prepared already. But I was single then, now I think it would be harder to eat boxed food and still have to make a different meal for my family. If you have to cook for others, I think weight watchers would be easier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i haven't personally but i did have a friend who she and her hubs did it and they actually got in the adds for nutrisystem. yeah it works but its really just portion control mixed with balance. nothing a person couldn't figure our on their own but i good way to skip that part if you need to.
    BigBoMom

Answer by BigBoMom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I was on Jenny Craig for about three months. It wasn't worth the money. I lost weight, but gained it back when I stopped it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I recently started using Silhouette solutions. It cost about the same as Jenny Craig. the premise is that you have 5 of the Sihouette Soulution products throught out the day and a sensible dinner. I have lost 8lbs in a week but I know other s that have lost 24lbs in 8weeks and are continuing to lose even theough they aren't on the program anymore. best of all I am losing the baby bulge I have. No other diet has done that for me!
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009