Hello Moms, Just yesterday i came to know i am going to be a MOM... 8 weeks pregnant... I am on my stuarts prenatal... other than that are der any suggestions ?

I am currently Unemployed and mu husband is in between jobs... so we are left with no medical insurance...:(... And seems like my lil one wanted to take entry in our lives wen we both are not ready.....
Any Help is appreciated...
Thanks in advance.....

shymom143

Asked by shymom143 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• check out your state's health insurance. you can probably get medicaid. my friend had great experience with that. having a baby in a hospital can be quite expensive, and even at home it can be $3000 or more with a midwife. but a hospital birth can be from $6000-$30000. :|

i take rainbow light prenatals because they are food based but i think stuart should be good because i'm sure it has plenty of folic acid.

congrats! i'm 7 weeks with my 2nd. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Oh Ok... Let me try and explore that option.... Thanks for the fast reply though.....

But any diet changes... or web links where i can look up ?..
    Is their any good book which i can buy and get ready for the big journey ahead?

And yes Congrats to u too.....
    shymom143

Answer by shymom143 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I love the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting." It has all sorts of great information.

I have always taken the generic Walmart prenatal vitamin. My dr approves of it. It's cheap and doesn't make me nauseous.

The most important thing is to stay hydrated. Also, limit your mercury by eating no more than 2 servings of fish a week. Tuna has the most mercury of all, so you can only have one small can a week. Be sure to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, get plenty of grains and protein and light exercise (walking is best).

Congratulations. I'm 33 weeks pregnant with my 3rd.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Your state should have some sort of "healthy start" program for women without health insurance. I think it is run by the same department that does WIC. You shouldcall your local WIC office and ask them.
    I take the kroger brand prenatals because they are not huge pills. I also take omega 3 and calcium because I don't eat fish and I'm not a fan of milk/dairy.
    Congrats and GL! I'm 34 weeks with my second.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I got more out of "What To Expect the First Year" than I did out of "What To Expect When You're Expecting". It really talks about what you need and how to take care of things that come up. Anyway, my Dr. gave me all sorts of literature about what NOT to eat. No shellfish, limited fish, no deli meats, things like that. I'm sure you can Google it and get great info. Congrats!!! You'll make it work even though times are a bit tough. That baby will change your life and you'll be so in love! I thought that when I married my DH, I found a love that couldn't be greater, then, our little girl came along and discovered an amazing love that's unexplainable. AND I love my DH even more b/c we share this amazing little life. Sounds kinda cheezy, but just wait! ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i don't really like what to expect when you're expecting. lol. usually the library will have some good pregnancy books. i have been reading shiela kitzinger's pregnancy book and it's good. very long but thorough. it's almost like a text book! which can be a good thing and a bad thing. ;)

if you want to start thinking about the birth already (i know way in the future), i like easing labor pain by adrienne someone, birthing from within, and i have heard good things about the thinking woman's guide to childbirth, and ina may's guide to childbirth so i'm planning to read those in a few months.

as for diet, mostly just eat as much variety as you can but you are recommended to stay away from a few things, like pp mentioned, deli meats, soft cheeses, some seafood. if you have peanut allergies in your family, they recommend you stay away from that while pregnant. and alcohol consumption is of course discouraged. ;)

=)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• oh i don't eat fish so i eat some walnuts when i can for the omega 3s.
    Stefanie83

• Thank you Moms.... For all your sweet motherly advices....
    I will check for the above books, i have a Barnes near my house...

In my case i am a big fan of Milk and Dairy but I have no idea about why Organic Milk?
    shymom143

Answer by shymom143 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Well, I choose to buy organic milk for my family b/c of the antibiotics and hormones some dairy farmers use with non-organic. I'm probably just overly paranoid, but I can't help but think about how much faster kiddos mature with each new generation! Like getting menstral cycles earlier and developing at a younger age. I can't get it out of my head that it could be caused by hormones injected into farm animals... Like I said, I just over-think everything. ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Thanks Kenzie.... Let me switch to Organic too then, if thats the case.....
    shymom143

Answer by shymom143 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2009