Do you have a blended family? Tell me what you're thankful for.

Would you like to tell me your story? The joys, the sorrows. Your favorite memories or things you'll never forget.

I have a blended family. For starters, i'm a SM. And then, just to confuse people, DH and i will be adopting a wonderful little boy who is legally my little brother, biologically my second cousin and will soon be our son. I'm 22 years old and i'm a mother of a 5 year old (this month) with special needs and a soon to be 4 year old (next month). But i've never had kids of my own. My husband will be leaving Iraq soon and will be home for a short visit during Christmas before returning to Germany.
As you can imagine, there's plenty for me to be thankful for this coming holiday season. :)

Tell me about your family. What do you have to be thankful for?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 3:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This season I have soo much to be thankful for! The safe and short birth of my son, Patrick. The love and support my SO gives me, along with all my other family. I feel so lucky to have finally started my own family and that my SO is behind me 100% and is always reassuring me when I feel like I'm not doing the greatest job.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Well, my birth mother and father had me, my sister and my brother then got divorced. Then my dad married my stepmother when I was 2 and then they had a son together. She already had a daughter my sister's age. When I was 5, my dad got custody of us . . . . so suddenly we were a family of 7. SO, I have 2 brothers, two sisters and my stepmom might as well share my blood, because she is my real mother. The only thing is that we did feel as though my stepsister and my halfbrother were favored quite a bit, which made us resentful, but we got over it.

There is my blended family story . . lol. I am now 31 with my own husband and daughter and I have SO MUCH to be thankful for this coming holiday.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009