Piercing

Can Christians get piercings? or not? Please provide scripture if you can.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 3:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe it talks about subject in Levitcus 19. Can't remember which verse.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 3:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Depends on the denomination. My MILs church doesn't approve of jewelry, makeup, piercings, or tatoos. However, she is the only Christian I know who believes this way.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• lev 19:28
    Anonymous

• thats talking about the dead and it was part of a pagan ceremony.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• oh my god.
    I CAN NOT STAND THIS ANYMORE. if your going to say no dont get tats or piercings or this or that.......................back it up with CORRECT STATEMENTS.
    going off of the bible. the OLD TESTAMENT says no body tatoo's on DEAD PEOPLE and it talks about the body markings a local tribe made depicting another tribe and blood letting for religion........that is it. so do not get another deity put on your body or cut your body in the name of another deity and leave the dead corpse alone. old testament also says do not eat shellfish, ever had a shrimp cocktail? it has a lot of regulations, A LOT.
    unless you follow old testament which is pretty much only Jewish people..........it does not apply to you AT ALL. non of this is in new testament.
    so be who you are, if that includes piercings, tattoo's, scarification, whatever. go at it. if your a christian, dont do it in the name of another deity and your fine.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• goodness how peaceful a response. ^^^^^^
    Anonymous