Christmas gift ideas please.

I always have the hardest time getting something for my parents. They don't want for anything, and what they need...they buy. They have enough money ( not rich rich...just comfortable) so it's hard to find something that isn't "cheap" like. My father is a business man and travels alot for his work. But he doesn't need a briefcase, or ipod or anything like that. I brought up the idea of the Sony Kimble thing (the book thing) and my mom said he said it probably wouldn't get used. He either works, watches his ipod movies with the tv glasses we got him last year, or sleeps on the plane. My mom is hard to shop for too. She likes doing quilting stuff, so that might be my out. Other than that...she has everything she wants/needs for the house, not to mention she's kinda picky as to what she puts in it. I JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!! Help please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• Something sentimental for your mom might be a good gift. How about a photo calendar? You can order it online from Walgreens or Target etc and put a different pic of your family and kiddos for each month. I searched through my old photos of me and my bro as kids and made one for my mom one year (before I had my own child). She LOVED it! I think they're only like 10 bucks. I think I even saw someone make a quilt where they screenprinted family photos onto square bits of fabric and embroidered their family name in the center. Maybe you can order something like that. Geeze, dad sounds tough. Maybe an airline gift card to upgrade to 1st class or something... Hmmm, I'll have to think about this one.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Something like a digital phtoframe with pics of the grandkids might be loved or if you scrapbook make them a braggy book or two?
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 3:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• They have a couple of digital photo frames, and dad's work pays for his plane tickets...business class usually I think. I like the quilt picture idea. Still stuck on my dad, and maybe another gift for my mom. I have kids...so a gift from us and a gift from them is what I'm hoping to do.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Have the kids make ornaments for them. Or a family portrait with them in a frame the kids make. Let the kids work their magic.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I have no idea- my mother is the hardest woman in the world to shop for. I force her to give me a Christmas list every year and every year all it has on it is perfume and pajamas.

I got her a digital picture frame last year and she really liked that. I had my husband load a bunch of pictures on it for her so she wouldn't have to worry about it.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 5:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Mom-what about one of those cute neckless's with the birthstones of her children or grandchildren. Or a cute decorated box with several gift cards in it (craft store, starbucks, clothing store, grocery store, movies, her jeweler (for a cleaning), mani-pedi, hair salon)

Dad- itunes gift card (for his movies and music), subscription to a mag her can read on the plane.

I like the calander idea from the children! I did that for my mom a few years back and she loved it. The ornaments are a great idea too!

Good Luck!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2009