foot prints in the sand. Has Jesus carried you?

I do love this poem. I have gone through tough times before. About 15 years ago I was in an abusive relationship. I have a hard time letting go of those old memories. It is a wonder I wasn't killed. I look back and know even though I was not praying and lost faith, Jesus didn't lose faith in me. He carried me, and I would be dead if he wasn't there one particular night.

I would love to hear stories about when Jesus carried you. I didn't know he was there until years later. Did you know while you were going through your problems Jesus was there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Mary Stevenson, 1936
    Anonymous

• i HAVE A SIMALAR TRAMATIC STORY except i was brutally attacked by a large group of ppl mostly men... I had 3 broken bones in my face and many other multiple injuries. not only did he save my life that night.... he later did again becaseu as a result of this incident i became addicted to prescription medications and alcohol. I lived a life or turmoil and depression for 4 years. Jesus never left me, was just waiting for me to ask Him for help and when I did He delievered me. I am now 20 months sober. Happily married and have a 7 mo dd.... Praise the Lord.... Life is good!
    Anonymous

• Went through breast cancer in 2002, and that was a rough time, I know it is trivial, but losing my hair was unpleasant, as going through the chemo every 3 weeks. He brought me through it though, and the testimony to others Have been healed and free from it since.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 3:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Footprints

I dreamed that I was walking down the beach with the Goddess. And I looked back and saw footprints in the sand.

But sometimes there were two pairs of footprints, and sometimes there was only one. And the times when there was only one pair of footprints, those were my times of greatest trouble.

So I asked the Goddess, "Why, in my greatest need, did you abandon me?"

She replied, "I never left you. Those were the times when we both hopped on one foot." And lo, I was really embarrassed for bothering Her with such a stupid question.

Carl Muckenhoupt, without honorary on alt.discordia
    (lifted from Kristin Buxton's Discordianism page)

Anonymous

• Yes, He is still carrying me only now I know He is there.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• He carries me everyday. I have been through the hardest time in my life over the past 4 years. I have a husband who has something similiar to MS, twins who are developmentally disabled, we now live on public assistance because dispite my best efforts at further education and job hunting I remain unemployed. My husband was hospitalized twice, once at the end of August and once at the end of September. So as much as I love that poem, it think it is a bit off. I believe God carries us each and everyday. That He keeps us close to His heart and is available to us at the slightest cry for help.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• 3rdDay
    Went through breast cancer in 2002, and that was a rough time, I know it is trivial, but losing my hair was unpleasant, as going through the chemo every 3 weeks. He brought me through it though, and the testimony to others Have been healed and free from it since.
    --
    How wonderful to hear Jesus was with you. Did you pray everyday? I think it puzzles me so much because I never prayed, I never stopped and thought of God. I was so lost. I can't imagine hearing i had cancer. You are so strong. How great it is for Jesus to carry you in your time of need. God bless you.
    Anonymous

• Jesus never left me, was just waiting for me to ask Him for help and when I did He delievered me. I am now 20 months sober. Happily married and have a 7 mo dd.... Praise the Lord.... Life is good
    --
    that is so great!
    Anonymous

• WindyTheWidow
    Yes, He is still carrying me only now I know He is there.
    _-
    was there a time you didn't? The fact that Jesus can continue to love me even when I turned on him is so amazing to me.
    Anonymous

• by: teamquinn
    He carries me everyday. I have been through the hardest time in my life over the past 4 years
    --

thanks so much for your story. I was also on public assistance at the time. Not because of hard times but because I wasn't allowed to work and he wouldn't work. I will keep you in my prayers and may Jesus carry you to a great job with great pay!
    Anonymous