Not sure how much more lying I can take.

I did my pregnancy alone, and the first four months of my son's life. His dad and I had our problems or whatever, but we got past it and are just dealing with the present here on out. Problem is, he keeps lying to me. He says he will do something (look for a better job for example - he currently works for family and won't get paid each week - or quit riding a motorcyle that he's suppost to be selling for someone, I am worried he will wreck it and will be responsable for repair costs) and the next week will say he won't do what he promised. He says I need to loosen up a little and realize plans change. Well, last week he told me he would start paying the bills for me (I've been paying them all) and today he said he would give me $100 toward them. I just paid the rent myself - $900. I am PISSED. Am I over reacting by being so mad about this? I just feel I'm being walked over but don't want to be alone with the kids agian.

KimSanAntonio

Asked by KimSanAntonio at 3:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• He needs to man up and do what REAL men do, and provide for his family. From my experience he proabably won't change.
    Anonymous

• Like I told someone else earlier ,you can do bad by yourself you don't need his help. If you can take care of yourself and children financially then you don't need him. You should have left him where he was at and not looked back. His lying and casually saying plans change is a lack of maturity.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I just wanted to add, he is exellant with the kids. I couldn't have asked for a better dad for them (my daughter, and our son togather - he treats them the same) and I want to do the right thing by them and let them have a dad daily in their lives. I just need some advice on coping skills or something, I really want to make this work without feeling used and walked over.
    KimSanAntonio

Answer by KimSanAntonio at 3:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Jguevara - I am make it financially without him, but I was killing myself doing it. I was working 28 days a month to pay the bills, and just quit my weekend job because he told me he was going to take care of business. I don't want to go back to working that much. Altho I'm probably going to have to anyways if he keeps offering me $100.
    KimSanAntonio

Answer by KimSanAntonio at 3:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I can imagine it is hard to leave a relationship when children are involved. If you are not happy though they will see that. How can you be happy if you are going to be stressed out because you don't know if he is going to own up and be responsible from one week to the next? As for him being excellent with the kids how can he be excellent if he is not being financially responsible?
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• He's a loser. He won't change. Dump him.
    Anonymous

• i think these men need to manup. I think mine lies all the time too.. . yet he thinks i am so dumb to not figure it out or i just get over it easily. I am sick of the crap. He should pay half of the bills wtih you. I dont unertand why men want sugar mommas these days. i have to tell mine he needs to give me money for the mortgage that he lives in. ITS RIDICOULUS! sorry i can not type today. Whats even more frustrating is i keep it to myself. If my family knew they would prob threat him
    Anonymous

• Better off being alone than being lied to and taken advantage of. He's proven himself repeatedly that he is not going to follow through, and you are prolonging the issue by continuing to hope that some miracle is gonna transform him.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2009