Would you continue to stay with your husband even though he is continually cheating?

I know there are women out there who don't seem to care. I don't know if they stay for monetary reasons or for the kids. I just don't get it.

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 4:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I would not.

I deserve more respect as do my children. Staying with a cheater is like saying...walk all over me I dont deserve any better(as far as Im concerned...my OPINION afterall).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• No, I dont think I could say Id stay after the first time he ever cheated, unless their was counseling involved, but repeatedly no I dont think I could stay with him. Why should I stay with him for the kids if he cheated? He would have obviously not have thought about the well being of the kids if he cheated, I would take my kids away with me and figure out a parenting plan with supervised visits.
    desert924rose

Answer by desert924rose at 4:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Both and the women or men who stay are normally being controlled in some way which could be for money and kids.
    It is ashamed that this question is being asked but in the same time reality is something we face. I know a woman who is staying for the wrong reasons and it is terrible. 4 kids and a big house. She says it is because she wants the good life for her kids. Sad.
    I would go to a shelter with my kids. Sorry!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I would not stay.

Answer by louise2 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• No Way. I may have a low self esteem but it isn't that low.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it's not as easy at it seems. If you are a stay at home mom, have no money or family and no where to go it can become very difficult. I have never expierenced this myself but I have thought about the what if's ( I know my husband would NEVER cheat on me) and i have come to realize just how dependent I am on him because I really dont have family who would help me out or any friends.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• money and your kids stability makes alot of women swallow alot of their own pride they had before they didnt just have their own life to worry about. You can get him back in much better ways then leaving and corrupting your children.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Nope...I would rather work cleaning toilets than be a SAHM busting my ass for a man who doesn't love me enough not to cheat.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Being a SAHM isnt about busting your ass for your man but about raising your kids
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• continually - no.
    Anonymous