is there an actual quote about tithing in the bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Deuteronomy 26:12 (King James Version)

12When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

Nehemiah 10:38 (KJV)

And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.

Numbers 18:26-32 (KJV)

Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• There are a ton in the Old Testament, one that is often quoted is...
    Malachi 3:10 (niv)
    Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

I did not find any New Testament references. I use Biblegateway.com a lot for these kinds of things.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2009