What's YOUR parenting style?

My daughter is a little too young for me to have a set style =) But you know. Are you a helicopter mom, a soccer mom, a friend mom, a disciplinarian mom, a nonchalant mom, etc etc?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kind of all of them. I am a friend when I have been the parent first and they are safe. I am easy going if what they are doing is not gonna harm themselves or others, I discipline when and If I need too and have no issues in doing so. I will protect them but I will not step up and protect them when they got in trouble and really did do it LOL.. I think it is a balance. You cant be super strict or too loose.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm definitely not helicopter mom lol. I am well balanced sane mom who realizes kids get hurt and sick and that's life. Meaning Oh shit I turned into a 24 year old version of my mother. I especially discovered this when I was brushing my child's hair...realizing I bought the SAME brush my mom bought me in a different color...I said "Look if you don't stop I'm going to make it tight!"
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm the good mom. :)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Probably more non-chalant then anything. I follow my heart...I dont cower over them nor am I a huge disciplinarian(although I am a little bit cuz Im with them most of the time), I dont know if Im a friend mom as Im friendly but I dont try and be their buddy. Definately wanna be a soccer mom tho, once I get them into classes and such LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I am more the disciplinarian mom. I don't tolerate as much as some mom's I know. I believe, you are never too young to learn how to be polite! It bothers me that some parents seem to be under the impression that they have to tolerate their child's rudeness or disrespect, because they "don't know any better" or some other excuse. Truly, though, I want what's best for my children, and want them to have a good life now, and when they are grown adults. I try to balance my discilinarian side though by having a good sense of humor, being silly, and showing lots and lots of affection!
    Pea22

Answer by Pea22 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2009