11 month old nap question

So we just started letting our 11 month old CIO because SHE wasn't sleeping well with us anymore. She used to nap at least a little in her crib during the day..but now that we let her cry a little at night to go to sleep (she always falls asleep within 30 min of crying) she screams her head off when I lay her down for a nap. I feel bad letting her cry at nap time too. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats what I had to do. I will put my daughter in crib for naptime and let her CIO but if shes continually crying after 10 minutes I'll go in there and comfort her and calm her down and then she will usually go to asleep within 5 minutes.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• i agree with pp.....i let ds cry for a few minutes i'll go check on him, comfort him, and then leave again. usually he has to have a bottle right before he goes to sleep (or just eaten). if i know he fell asleep without a full belly, like during mealtime, i'll get him back out give him a little milk, and then try it again.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I usually take my son out of the crib after 10 minutes and then try to lay him back down 30 minutes to an hour later. He is older, though. At 11 months old, I was completely at his mercy... naps and all.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 10:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2009