I'm over sex right now. I'm almost 8 months, i just feel huge, and tired, and all my husband wants to do is have sex. I feel guilty that i am not giving him any, (he is understanding, but he still tries to get some everyday) but every time he asks and i dont want to i feel bad. Anyone else have this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anon 49 here - I forgot to say don't let anyone make you feel bad for holding out on him. I don't like it when I hear a friend say her husband is playing that card, not to mention other women but I have seen them do it on here. He is a grown up, not a 17 year old boy. If he can't understand that you are tired and hurting from hauling his baby around all day and night, that is his problem. He should not be aksing every day. He can survive without sex for a month or two. If not, he can grab a few minutes to help himself in the shower Sorry that is crude but it's true.
    Anonymous

• I didn't. I wanted sex the night I went in for my induction, but I was too mad at my husband for not keeping the house in relatively decent shape (I was on strict bedrest for 6 weeks and literally didn't see the living room the entire time). I was SOOO mad that we were going to be bringing our baby home into a dirty house that I was like "Nope, I know it's good for my cervix, and I want to do it, but screw you, buddy, you didn't take out the trash" lol.

It's really common, though. Here's the thing... you love your husband. He loves you. Sex is SUPER good for preparing your body for labor. You have another MONTH left to go... do you really want to hold out on him? Besides... ask him to make sure you enjoy it and you won't regret it.

Stop thinking of yourself as "huge". You're pregnant and you're beautiful and your husband loves your body... enjoy this time!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I felt like you do, not wanting to do anything but mine was really understanding and didn't push the issue. I did feel bad though so I did oral for him, and he would return the favor so it was nice all the way around. And for me, actual intercourse hurt. Maybe you could give that a try when you're not too tired? I'll probably be the odd one out and say your husband should not push you when you don't want to. You don't have long to go until delivery and then it's only six weeks until you're cleared to have sex again. But the upside is he still wants you and you're still desireable. That is a nice feeling when you feel like you're going to explode like a woman does the last month or so. Hang in there. You're almost done.
    Anonymous

• I was not interested in sex for months-- the last month of the pregnancy and the first three after the baby arrived. I was so sore during my last month and first postpartum month that the idea of having sex made be cringe. After that, I was so exhausted that the idea of sex didn't even enter my mind-- I was already asleep if I had a spare second.

My husband bugged me about it, too. I just kept mentioning that his parents were probably having sex, too, when his mom was bloated with him. He got grossed out. But in all seriousness, I told him that I was sore, tired, and simply not interested. I told him I would let him know when I was ready again, and to please be respectful of my lack of desire at this moment. He understood, although I'm sure he was still a little hurt, but you've got to do what is best for you right now.

Anonymous