Why does everyone say they "Love being pregnant"?! I'm miserable!

I hate being pregnant. I feel horrible all the time and I'm sick of all the unsolicited advice (especially from men and friends who've never been there). I can't fit any of my clothes, my mouth tastes like I've been chewing nickles, I'm gassy, exhausted, breaking out and I'm either starving or feel like puking. Does it get better? I may never get pregnant again!

Tkelly3

Asked by Tkelly3 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? Each trimester has its ups and downs, but the 2nd was the best for me. I hated being pregnant during the 1st because I was so sick and exhausted all the time. I wanted to vomit so badly but my body would just heave and not produce anything. It was miserable! The third trimester was actually painful-- I had a hard time walking and I was straining myself all the time.

I was like you-- swore I'd never get pregnant again, but when all was said and done, and I've got my son smiling at me-- the idea isn't so bad. :)

The second trimester is much better-- and holding your baby is better than that! I recommend you get one of those 3d ultrasounds. It'll give you a sneak peek at your baby. It really helped to make everything better for me.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I'm with you girl. I HATE being prego. Imo the only things good about it is not having a period and the baby that comes.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 5:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I don't have any advice on weather it gets better or not because I'm just 18 wks. I do know exactly how you feel. I feel horrible all the time. I have friends that say they loved being pregnant and the whole experience. That makes me gag now that I'm going through all of this (lol). I told my MD that I'm not a happy pregnant lady and do not see any joy in this. She assured me that it should get better in my 2nd trimester and symptoms that I have now should alleviate. Like I said I do not have any advice but you are not alone in feeling miserable :)
    lamson08

Answer by lamson08 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• How far along are you? I was with you I felt miserable. But looking back on it now I miss being pregnant. For all the crap we have to endure during pregnancy I can understand how you don't like it. But you'll miss a lot of it when that baby is born! I know I do. The important thing to remember is that it'll be over soon. Gl and congrats on th LO on the way!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Well I am sorry you feel like that, but every pregnancy is different. Your next, should you choice to do it all over again, could be AMAZING. My first pregnancy was CAKE. I didn't even know I was pregnant most of it, didn't have sickness or gain weight. I loved it. =) Hopefully it gets better for you!
    BlazzinBebe88

Answer by BlazzinBebe88 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• this is my first time being pregnant and i can say i love being pregnant... i have a nice glow, my hair is growing longer, the only thing that is getting big is my belly, i have no nausea, ect.....

well now that i'm 30 weeks prego i hate the heartburn, trouble sleeping, waking up in the middle up of the night to use the restroom, and also i have a few strech marks on my belly now :(

which now i'm just waiting for my due date to arrive...

but yes i can say its okay to be pregnant or that i like it.. and at the end i will have my beautiful baby so it would be all worth it!! so i can see myself getting pregnant again....
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 5:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• LOL. With my first pregnancy I did love it. I didn't have ANY symptoms and felt great. NOW with this pregnancy I feel like absolute crap! The first four months were HELL! I've gotten much better but I still have my days. I always say if my first was like this I don't know if I would have wanted to be pregnant again. LOL Hope you feel better!!!
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean. I swore I wouldn't have another one after my first, a big but wonderful surprise, was born. Right before he turned two I changed my mind. I heard a woman say once, and for me this statement fits so very well, "I hate being pregnant but I love my children." The beginning can suck with morning sickness, exhaustion and every other lovely aspect of the first trimester. The middle was the awesome part for me. The end was not pleasant and seemed it would never end. Hang in there. I don't want to sound like everyone else but in the end, it is truly worth it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I know how you feel!! I felt horrible my first trimester. The second was better but the third was very tiring. I noticed that when I got emotional and fed up with everything, if I ate peanut butter on Ritz crackers with a strawberry banana shake (Naked juice or Odwalla makes them) I would feel better. It would at least take the edge off so I woudln't feel horrible and angry I might just feel tired. Keep your eye on the prize it will get better! I hope you feel better soon. Can you go for a walk or take a shower? Those used to make me feel better.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Well, in my opinion, once you get into the second trimester, you feel great. The first I was tired, felt fat, wasn't showing, etc...and the third i was so uncomfortable I literally could hardly stand it. I was miserable for the last two months. If you're still in the first trimester, just know that during the second you'll feel much, much better and you'll be able to enjoy the pregnancy much more.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2009