im arrogant?

the husband told me tonight that i am cocky . ive never thought of myself like that. example he says no matter what it is, you can find osmeting wrong and critique. but the thing is i think im anal...sure....cause i do critique everything, but its not i only do it to tohers...i do it to myself and i dont tell anyone wha ti think, only him. i mean i was cleaning earlier and i had a small spot of sauce left on the stove and i seen it and went ahh i didnt notice that and scrubbed it off...lil things like that i notice and take care of. i have to be organized, neat and prepared or else i get a little mixed up (i do have adhd) i never thought me noticing things with others was arrogant, you can find flaws with everything...EVERYTHING. . does this really make me arrogant? i think everything and everyone has room to improve and he says he loves my confidence, he thinks its a compliment..but caling me cocky hurts me.he doesnt get that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Haha it makes you a WOMAN. Men don't care about stuff like that. I know for me, everything has to be just perfect. And yeah, I probably irritate the hell out of my husband sometimes because I don't want him to half ass things and I won't half ass things. Example: My husband put up a new towel bar. He didn't bother taking the 10 seconds to grab the level, so it was crooked. I asked him to take it down, patch and paint, and put it up correctly. He was pissed, but when he was done he admitted that he wouldn't have been careless if it was for work, so why do crap like that at home?
    Anonymous

• It doesn't sound like he is using the word "cocky" correctly, or you misunderstood his meaning. From what you said, he said you are cocky b/c you are critical of everything? That isn't cocky, or arrogant - that is critical, or perfectionistic, or Type - A, or a mountain of other terms. But not arrogant. Arrogant would be you saying that you do everything better than everyone else. Like, if you told him that he doesn't clean correctly and that you do it much better than anyone else could. I would suggest trying to get him to clarify what he meant - it does sound like there was a misunderstanding somewhere.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You sound like a perfections. My hubby is one as well. It can be hard to always have someone raining on your parade. My hubby is always pointing what or why I did something wrong or all the negative aspects of something. But he hardly mentions the positive or what I did correctly. It gets hold, but he has gotten better after 9 years of marriage. Try mentioning the positive as well, it wears on the soul to only her what was missed or done wrong.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• no n im not that. i compliment him and thank him ALL THE TIME. i wish i got as many thank you's back. i critique myself a lot, and sometimes others but never NEVER him.
    Anonymous

• My SO is a perfectionistic and at times it drives me crazy also but I am the same way about some things like my home, my child, and myself. But i am also like things in there place and neat and clean. Everything i have or that is in my home has a place for it.
    Anonymous